These cookies are great for a family, or for some friends. The cookie is baked in a cake round or pie tin, and is crispy on the outside and edges, gooey in the center, and has ice cream on top. They are super easy, and super fun. You bake one big one for a group to share. Everyone can have their own spoon though.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla using a mixer.
- Add flour and baking soda, and stir by hand (well you know, using a spoon.)
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Spread dough in a buttered pie tin or cake pan.
- Bake for 5-8 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Put two scoops of vanilla ice cream on top.
- Serve with a handful of spoons.
My kids go through one of these in nothing flat! Enjoy.